My experience covers a wide range of responsibilities within the design field working as an Art Director/Designer for web and print as well as a fine artist. My work includes packaging (graphic and concept), some product design, and magazine ads for US and Europe. In addition to graphic design, I have worked as both an art director and a senior designer on movie and music projects for Fox, Sony, The Disney Channel, Paramount Classics, Warner Brothers, DreamWorks, Miramax, Universal Studios and Universal Music Group.
Excellent Graphic Designer, Manager, Supervisor, Art Director and Communicator with the ability to direct and lead designers for both graphic/printing and web work. In addition to working in a private setting, I have the flexibility to work with different departments within the same company. I am a Fine artist, painter, and illustrator who prides himself of delivering impeccable work and creative solutions.
• Digital media • Proficient in photograph restoration
• Print advertisements • Excellent communication skills
• Website and electronic marketing • Excellent leader
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite • Problem solver
• Understanding knowledge of HTML and CSS • Ability to work alone and with a group
Adobe creative suite: (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and Dreamweaver). Microsoft suite: (Excel, Word), Quark, understanding knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Freelance / Consulting – September 2014 – Present
Work with clients on different projects according to their design and marketing needs. Such work including but not limited to custom graphics, logo design, magazine ads, store signs, trade show signs, business cards and various marketing materials. Also, work on clients’ websites to provide periodic revisions and maintenance as well as redesigning or providing consultations on existing websites to enhance usability.
PRINCE LIONHEART, Inc, Santa Maria, CA – 2004 – September 2014
Senior Graphic Designer
• Creating and developing new concepts for packaging for all new products worldwide, as well as updating the company's existing global packaging and catalogues.
• Creating magazine and print ads for the company’s products in different publications in the US, Canada, France, Belgium, Spain, England, Germany, and China. Such publications include Fit Pregnancy, e-pregnancy, baby boom, BBC Gardner's World, Baby Gear & Toddler, Bounty, Famido, Junior Pregnancy, K-Boetiek, La Boite Rose, London Directory, Modern Mum, Mother and Baby, Nursery Industry, Nursery Today, Premaman, Vogue, and Votre bebe.
• Creating all original artwork for banners and signage used in trade shows in both the US and in Europe.
• Maintaining and updating all ten of the company's global websites in ten different languages.
• Managing the art and packaging developmental processes and coordinating efforts of all design, sales, quality and operations teams.
• Lead photographer and stylist for all companywide photo shoots.
Freelance / Consulting – February 2002 – 2004
Responsible for client consulting, design, development and quality control of websites. Worked with companies in the US and overseas to design and redesign existing websites to enhance navigation and usability of their sites. Also responsible for creating custom graphics and logo design as well as periodic revisions and maintenance.
PLUSH DIGITAL MEDIA – Los Angeles, CA June 2001 – February 2002
• Directed and managed senior designers, designers and production artists.
• Worked closely with clients to determine design and function requirements, perform capacity planning and develop site flows for new marketing campaigns for Fox Store mini-sites.
• Directed and designed email campaigns to promote new DVD and VHS releases for movies and TV shows such as Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Dr. Dolittle 2, Kingdom Come and The French Connection. Also created corporate email campaigns for companies such as Places of Color to promote their products online.
• Directed design and programming staff for Fox Searchlight and Fox Searchlab.
• Created original graphics and Flash for Juwanna Mann, Fox Holiday Store, and Fox Searchlight movie highlights for Sexy Beast, The Deep End, and Waking Life.
• Redesigned, created new graphics and developed new sections for Joyride promotional website and Fox Store.
• Designed the look and feel for Die Hard Flash game.
• Created and programmed a graphic tool called “Genie” for the Fox Holiday Store to help people choose their gifts by retrieving a selection of movies based on how much money they are willing to spend, age, gender, movie category, and preference of DVD or VHS format.
MACH18 – Los Angeles, CA November 2000 – February 2001
• Developed and managed creative staff for new company.
• Coordinated scheduling of all company projects from conception to completion.
• Worked hands-on with all clients to develop concept, site flow, content and graphics for their web sites.
• Developed concepts, site flow, content, strategy and created all graphics for MACH18 site redesign.
• Directed design and programming staff for Erykah Badu.
• Produced all media including graphics and Flash for Papa Roach: Infest Tour site.
DNA Studio, Inc. - Los Angeles, CA September 1999 – November 2000
Senior Web Designer
• Lead Designer: Developed, managed and implemented the complete look and feel of major web sites for Sony Pictures, Paramount Studios, Universal Studios, Fox, Miramax, MGM, and DreamWorks for movies such as Highlander: End Game, Heart Breakers, Urban Legends II: Final Cut, Deterrence, The Closer You Get and The Contender.
• Lead Game Designer: Completely designed, drafted and textured interactive multimedia game to reflect the look and feel of the movie's Underground Lab for the Hollow Man web site.
• Flash Artist/Animation: Developed and implemented animated web sites, from initial concept through final delivery.
• Photoshop/HTML Web Designer: Created Photoshop comps for sites, then created the sites in HTML and Flash.
• Updated and upgraded both HTML and Flash sites, and maintained deadlines and production schedules.
• Developed overall site architecture and flows, and worked closely with Art Directors.
Clear Digital, Inc. - Los Angeles, CA June 1999 – September 1999
Flash Animator Internship
• Created E-cards for music artists K-ci & JoJo, Hot Sauce Johnson, and Filter.
• Created Flash banners for the music artists/groups.
Davidson Library, University of California at Santa Barbara, CA April 1992– June 1999
• Electronic Reserve Web Site Execution and Management.
• Ongoing training and supervision of student employees, including coordination of time-sensitive tasks and data materials management among same.
University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A in Art Studio 1993 Emphasis in Painting, with High Honors and Distinction in the Major Traditional Media – Oil, Acrylic, Pen & Ink, Gouache, Watercolor, Pastels, Sculpture.
Santa Barbara City College, Multimedia Program 1997-1999 Photoshop, Flash, HTML, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Office, Quark, Graphic Design, Web Design, Background Layout and Painting.
Associates in Art, Background Painting for Animation 1996 With Christy Maltese of Disney Feature Animation.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Santa Barbara, California
*** *** ****